The 2023 PEAK I Fall Meeting will be at the Doubletree Resort by Hilton Lancaster from November 2-5, 2023. PEAK Track I is one of two PAGD Mastertracks, and keeps its meeting intentionally smaller for those inclined to learn in a more intimate setting.
The schedule is as follows:
Thursday, November 2, 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Case Presentations
Gone are the days of Sunday afternoon presentations. Instead, we are reinstituting Thursday presentations, but over dinner and drinks so you don't have to take a day out of the office. Join your colleagues as they present on what they have implemented since their last PEAK meeting.
Friday, November 3, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. - From Access to Apex: One Stop Root Canal Shop by Ryan Walsh, DDS, MS
Has it been a while since you’ve done a root canal? Are you looking to pick up tips and tricks to make your root canal treatment more predictable and profitable? This is the course for you. Revisit classic concepts of root canal treatment and learn modern techniques to incorporate into your arsenal. This seminar will take you from the “crown down” and explore how root canals can be an advantageous procedure in your practice.
- The keys to endodontic diagnosis
- Develop a keen sense of endodontic case selection: those which are easily done and make a practice profitable…and those that aren’t
- Discuss different instrumentation techniques
- Review irrigation solutions, techniques and protocols
- Evaluate modern bioceramic sealers and their impact on your practice
- Discuss warm and cold obturation techniques
- Learn new materials and philosophies to restore the endodontic access
AGD Subject Code - 070 Endodontics
Saturday, November 4, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Smile Design Simplified by Priya Tirumalasetty, DDS, MAGD, AAACD
Knowing where to begin restoring a smile can be overwhelming. A simple checklist can offer a systematic way to effectively design a smile to suit patients’ esthetic desires. Basic smile design principles are reviewed to present either a digital or analog wax-up to the patient. Several different platforms that aid in developing a digital wax-up are reviewed.
- Understand basic smile design principles
- Use photos and digital scans to examine the patient’s face and existing dimensions to effectively plan an esthetic outcome
- Present a mockup to the patient to help envision the final result
AGD Subject Code - 780 Esthetics/Cosmetic Dentistry
Saturday, November 5, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Soft/Hard Tissue Consideration for Dental Implants and Guided Implant & Provisional Placement in the Esthetic Zone by Thomas H. Yoo, DMD, MS, FRCDC
AGD Subject Code - 490 Periodontics