To be a PAGD Mentee, individuals should:
- Be a PAGD member.
- Have a desire to grow and further their professional development.
- Be willing to listen critically and objectively to feedback from their mentor.
- Be able to communicate with their mentor as often as necessary.
- Take initiative in the mentor/mentee relationship.
Guidelines for both the Mentor and the Mentee:
- Neither party should use the mentoring experience to speak poorly of their employer or colleagues.
- Both parties should respect the confidential nature of what is discussed.
- Both parties should refrain from judgement about the other.
Tips for Mentees
- Both parties should notify PAGD staff or leadership of any troubles or concerns immediately.
Be clear with your mentor about your goals for the mentor/mentee relationship
Address misunderstandings politely and clearly
Don’t hesitate to share your ideas with your mentor
Keep an open mind about suggestions from your mentor