Achieving Mastership (MAGD) is a professional designation within the AGD that reflects a general dentist's ongoing commitment to provide quality care through continuing education.
You must complete the following requirements to earn your MAGD Award:
- Current AGD membership in good standing.
- A dental license has not been suspended or revoked within the last five years, and is not currently under probation, suspension, or revocation.
- A Fellowship Award.
- 1,100 hours in approved continuing education.
- At least 400 hours must be earned in participation courses.
- At least 600 hours must be earned in specific disciplines.
- Attendance at an AGD convocation ceremony, held during an AGD annual meeting, to receive the award (successful candidates are allowed three years following approval to complete this requirement).
For more details, download the complete Mastership requirements.